Elizabethtown College COVID-19 Community Message
At Elizabethtown College, we continue to closely monitor the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines regarding the Novel COVID-19 or Coronavirus. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment at E-town and as a result we are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and travel health notices as issued. We’re also taking our own preventative measures to ensure the overall safety and wellbeing of our campus community.
Elizabethtown College Return to Campus Preventative Measures
If you are a student or employee of Elizabethtown College and have traveled outside of the United States over spring break, we are asking that you undergo a telephone evaluation performed by a health professional before rejoining the campus community. If you are a student, please contact the Student Health Department to set up a medical phone screening with the contact information provided below. Our College Health Liaison will determine whether you can return to campus or self-distance for the recommended 14-day isolation period.
- Students: Schedule a medical phone screening by contacting: Eileen Wagener RN, College Health Liaison at (717) 489-1021. For students who choose to use their own medical provider, please email documentation to: Bruce Lynch or call (717) 361-1405
- For employees: Please seek a medical phone screening through your own medical provider and share documentation that you are cleared to return to campus. Employees may email documentation to Human Resources or call (717) 361-1406.
Student Health Information
Student Health medical care is provided in collaboration with Penn State Health Medical Group Elizabethtown:
- One Continental Drive, Elizabethtown, PA 17022 (*Located on the edge of campus, just off College Avenue near the Alumni House).
- Students can also meet with our College Health Liaison for no additional charge, or use their health insurance (a variety of types are accepted) to meet with other health care providers.
For all other student health inquiries, please contact:
- Eileen Wagener RN, College Health Liaison, 717-489-1021.
- Penn State Health Medical Group Elizabethtown, 717-361-0666.
For medical concerns after hours, please call:
- Campus Security at 717-361-1264 (To access the Nurse Triage line for non-urgent concerns)
- 717-361-1111 (For a medical crisis).
The Emergency Management Group at E-town has identified a self-contained incubation/quarantine site on the edge of campus in the event any student will need to self-isolate. The College will provide amenities along with daily food and check-ins, and the ability to complete coursework.
We also have plans in place to provide remote working options to employees who may need to stay at their own residence in isolation.
In an effort to prevent the potential spread of the coronavirus, our Campus Facilities team has enhanced its cleaning procedures specifically identifying areas with high touch volume and disinfecting those areas several times daily.
In addition, the CDC guidelines state the best ways to avoid being exposed to the coronavirus is to follow the same everyday preventive procedures that are recommended regarding the flu and other respiratory viruses:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get a flu vaccine.
Study Abroad Students/Trips
We currently have students studying abroad through several program partnerships with the College. We remain in close contact with each of those individuals and their families working through their situations on a case-by-case status. We’ve also made the decision to cancel an upcoming History Study Tour to China that was scheduled in May. We are reviewing other upcoming international trips along with the travel guidelines and restrictions and will provide updates as decisions are made.
We are also posting campus updates at etown.edu. Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility as we work to maintain a safe and healthy campus community.