E-town In the News – October 2018
Kyle Kopko, professor of political science, commented on fundraising for the 2018 midterm election campaign for LNP.
He also commented on the rise in Pennsylvania’s voter registration for the 2018 midterm elections for PA Post.
Fletcher McClellan, professor of political science received the Craig L. Brains Award for Excellence, presented by the American Political Science Association.
He appeared on the Pennsylvania Cable Network on Nov. 5 from 7 to 8 p.m. on a live call-in show to discuss the midterm elections in PA.
He was also a part of WITF-FM’s election night coverage on Nov. 6 from 8 to 11 p.m. commenting on the returns coming in from statewide and local races.
Tara Moore, visiting assistant professor of English, presented “Dangerous Depictions of Adoption in the world of Harry Potter” at the High Library on campus.
Jean Pretz, professor of psychology, discusses the role of parents in their child’s transition into college.
The College was mentioned in the following:
- U-Gro Learning Centre’s groundbreaking at Masonic Village promises further relationship developments with E-town.
- The College celebrates poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti with a reading and art exhibit.
- The College’s production of If/Then was featured in an article on LNP about college theater season opening the week of Nov. 1.
- The College’s Leffler Lecture for this year was featured in the Elizabethtown Advocate.
- The College received an $8.5 million gift from an anonymous alumni couple and was reported on LNP and the Elizabethtown Advocate.
- The reopening of the Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietous Studies was reported on LNP.