E-town in the News – MAY 2018
April Kelly-Woessner, professor of political science and department chair, was quoted in the story “Ivory Conservatives: Part I, The Faculty” in The Politic.
Kyle Kopko ’05, associate professor of political science and assistant dean for academic achievement and engagement, was quoted, featured in or wrote the following:
- “Bernie Sanders visit for Jess King might not help or hurt her in the general election” in LNP
- “Mailers attempt to ’embarrass people into voting’ by revealing voting history to neighbors” in LNP
- “Curious Voter Shaming Casts a Shadow Over Pennsylvania’s Primary Elections” for Fortune.com and Yahoo News
- “Redrawn PA Congressional Map In Play During Today’s Primary” in WSKG, WITF and WHYY
- “Is Pennsylvania still Trump Country?”
Don Kraybill, Distinguished College Professor, Senior Fellow and professor of sociology emeritus, was mentioned in the Financial Content article “Thiel College to Award Two Honorary Degrees at 144th Commencement Exercises.”
He also was quoted in the PennLive story “Number of carriers approved to transport Amish increased 20 percent in last year.”
Fletcher McClellan, professor of political science, wrote the column, “The last word on Michelle Wolf: Bring her back next year” and “Here’s how Philip Roth predicted Donald Trump” for PennLive.com.
Steven Nolt, Senior Scholar of Anabaptist and Pietist studies and professor of history, was featured in the LNP story “Are there Amish graduations? A primer on Lancaster County’s Amish and Old Order Mennonite schools.” The story was picked up by the Associated Press.
The College was mention in the following stories:
- “Students exposed to indoctrination” in LNP
- “Borough Council Hears About Plan for Apartments Near College” in the Elizabethtown Advocate
- “Colleges announce commencement speakers” in Inside Higher Ed
- “Guest editorial | Putting children on path to education is good for them and Pennsylvania”
- “OnlineSchoolsCenter.com Releases Top 30 Bachelor’s Degrees in Human Services for 2018” online on Financial Content
- “’Think about a reckoning’: 411 Elizabethtown College students receive diplomas Saturday” in LNP
- “Elizabethtown College Announces New Dual Admission Program” in Elizabethtown Advocate