E-town in the News — MARCH 2018
Sara Atwood, chair of the engineering and physics department, was interviewed for the LNP article “Colleges respond to job-market needs.”
Richard Fellinger, Fellow in the Writing Wing, published an op-ed in LNP on banning assault weapons.
Rachel Finley-Bowman, associate professor and chair in the Department of Education, was featured in the Elizabethtown Advocate article “New Dean Named at College’s Grad School.”
April Kelly-Woessner, professor of political science and department chair, wrote the column “Generation Z set to upend the gun debate in the US” for LNP.
Kyle Kopko ‘05, associate dean of institutional effectiveness, research and planning and director of the pre-law program was mentioned in the article “7 Big Takeaways From That Special Election in Pennsylvania” in the Longroom, in the Conservative Papers, Stream.org and Western Free Press.
He also was interview for the article “Dems Sense Pickup Opportunity in Trump-Friendly Pennsylvania District “ in Lifezette.
Don Kraybill, Distinguished College Professor, Senior Fellow and professor of sociology emeritus, was mentioned in the article “Little-Known Facts About The Amish That May Come As A Surprise.”
He also was the subject of the article “Award-winning Herald Press book gets an update” in the Canadian Mennonite.
Dmitriy Krichevskiy, associate professor of economics, was interviewed for the ABC27 story “ManorCare parent company to file for bankruptcy.”
He was also interviewed by FOX43 for a story on “Do toy stores have a future?”
Jeffrey Long, professor of religion and Asian studies, was mentioned in an India Times article “The long fight to set things straight.”
He also had research, “One Life/Many Lives: An Internal Hindu-Christian Dialogue” published in “Religions,” Vol. 9.
Long was featured in a Hummelstown The Sun article “Jeffery Long Speaks”
Michael Long, associate professor of religious studies and director of peace and conflict studies, was featured in a Salon article “Mister Rogers and Mr. Trump: Can the Neighborhood of Make-Believe help us through this?”
Fletcher McClellan, professor of political science, was interview by The Politic for the article “Drawing the Line: Redistricting in Pennsylvania’s 15th District.”
He also wrote the column “In search of a way to make life for food stamps recipients worse, conservatives finally found it” for PennLive
Mike Mitchell, executive director of the High Center, wrote the column “An interview with leadership expert Patrick Lencioni before his visit to Lancaster” for LNP.
Richard Newton was quoted in the LNP story “Rapper Drake’s $1 million giveaway: Academics debate ethics of publicly giving away money.”
Steven Nolt, senior scholar of Anabaptist and Pietist studies and professor of history, is featured in the Bluffton Icon article “Elizabethtown College professor gives C. Henry Smith Lecture.”
He also was mentioned in the “Church and Religious Events” column of The Findlay Courier
Bowers Center for Sports Fitness and Well-being was featured in the following:
- “Construction Starting on College Fitness Center” in Elizabethtown Advocate
- “Elizabethtown College Awards $21M Facility Contract” in Athletic Business.
- “Elizabethtown College to build $21M sports, fitness center” on WGAL
- “High building 21M sports facility at Elizabethtown College” in CPBJ
The College was mentioned in the following stories:
- “Borough OKs Analysis of Its Real Estate Holdings” in Elizabethtown Advocate
- “Report: Anti-Semitic incidents rose in Pa. last year” on WITF
- “Mud Season in Lancaster County” in Amish America
- “Renowned Religious Scholar Karen Armstrong to Give Ware Lecture at Elizabethtown College” in Elizabethtown Advocate
- “Smeltz to Talk At E-town college” in The (Hummelstown) Sun
- “Mount Joy Township Wants Trees Planted Around Solar Array” in Elizabethtown Advocate
- “Pair who fled Nigeria due to Boko Haram threats will discuss nonprofit they created” in LNP
- “Implement solar energy legislation now” in LNP
- “Students, Community Members Join Wolf Administration for Cabinet in Your Community Event in Elizabethtown” the Governor’s Office
- “Concert Series At E-town College” in The (Hummelstown) Sun
- “Writers Seminars At E-town College” in The (Hummelstown) Sun
- “Open Door Recital At E-town College” in The (Hummelstown) Sun