E-town in the News — FEBRUARY 2018
Caleb Blackwell was quoted in the LNP story This is what dozens of Lancaster County students had to say about school shootings, prevention [Part 2].
Bryan Kelley of the High Center was mentioned in the Penn Live article Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz announces new hires; Dawood Engineering announces promotions, and more: Trade Talk and in the LNP article Who’s News: Lancaster County hirings and promotions
April Kelly-Woessner wrote an op-ed for LNP — Anxiety, while unsettling, can be a force for change.
Kyle Kopko wrote the op-ed The winding road in the redistricting battle for LNP and was interviewed for Polarization of US Politics has Become Stronger Over the Years.
Dmitriy Krichevskiy was interviewed for the ABC27 segment Lancaster woman surprised $1.50 weekly tax payback got Paul Ryan’s attention.
Michael Long was interviewed on ABC27’s Author Spotlight. He was also featured in the LNP article Elizabethtown College professor traces Jackie Robinson’s pride and faith to his mother.
Long also was quoted in the AP story Billy Graham gave more than prayer to presidents, which was featured by dozens of media outlets including Philly.com, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Columbus Dispatch, ABC NEWS, The News-Herald, Seattle Times; he was also quoted in For decades Graham offered counsel and comfort to presidents, which also was featured by dozens of media outlets including The Republic, The Tribune, Daily Journal, Washington Times, San Francisco Chronicle, New York Daily News, Metro News, Washington Post.
Long was mentioned in CNN’s Where Billy Graham ‘missed the mark’, NBC’s Billy Graham leaves painful legacy for LGBTQ people and in Death of a ‘crusading’ preacher on Ovi magazine and Asian Tribune.
Fletcher McClellan wrote two op-eds for PennLive – Don’t let the filibuster fizzle and This is how Republicans learned to stop worrying and love the debt.
Jon Rudy wrote an op-ed The Myth of Security: Why We Need to Place People Before Guns for GPPAC.
Carl Strikwerda’s retirement was mentioned by WITF: Midstate college president announces retirement; Central Penn Business Journal: Elizabethtown College president to retire in 2019; LNP: Carl Strikwerda, Elizabethtown College president, to retire in June 2019; Penn Live: Elizabethtown College president to retire next year; Landmark: Elizabethtown College President Announces Retirement; The Sun: President Sets Retirement Date.
Jesse Waters was featured in the Philly.com article Amid some well-articulated dismay, West Chester Poetry Conference gets a new director
The Young Center was mentioned in the following media:
And on National Public Radio
The College was mentioned in the following stories:
- Penn Live: Bowers Center to be largest facility to be constructed on Elizabethtown College’s campus in 2 decades
- Elizabethtown Advocate: Elizabethtown College to Host Symposium on Opioid Epidemic
- LNP: Elizabethtown College breaks ground on massive, $24.5M wellness center [virtual tour]
- The Times of Israel: Pennsylvania third-most targeted state by white supremacists on college campuses
- Lebanon Daily News: The alt-right is recruiting your child: LVC, Elizabethtown incidents part of supremacist trend
- ABC27: Elizabethtown College to host opioid crisis symposium and New Elizabethtown College program bridges gap between millennials, seniors
- New Republic: The CPAC Kids Are Alright (on Guns)
- FOX43: Many colleges tell prospective students ‘it’s okay to protest’ following plans for National Walk-Out