November/December In the News
John Angelis, assistant professor of management, was interviewed by Gulf News Journal for Qatar reassures trade unions about World Cup 2022.
Liz Braungard, executive director of marketing and communications, was featured in the Central Pennsylvania Business Journal’s See the winners: Executive Management Awards 2016.
Cristina E. Ciocirlan, associate professor of business and department chair, was interviewed by LNP for Lancaster County towing company gifts some customers free services for Christmas.
Josh Cohen, instruction and outreach librarian, was interviewed by the following media:
- LNP — Folger Library exhibit brings Shakespeare’s First Folio to Elizabethtown College
- WITF — Shakespeare First Folio at Elizabethtown College
- PennLive — Shakespeare’s first book is now on display at Elizabethtown College
- Bucks County Courier Times — Shakespeare alive!
Oya Dursun-Ozkanca, associate professor of political science and director of the International Studies Minor was interviewed by Gulf News Journal for the article Brokered ceasefire announced for Yemen.
Richard Fellinger, Fellow in the Writing Wing, wrote the LNP column Sound strategies for coping with the new age of ignorance.
Colin Helb, associate professor of communications, was quoted in an article in Central Jersey.com for the column SHOP TALK.
Kirsten Johnson’s students were featured by WGAL for their involvement in 8-Word Stories in “In 8 Words’ – Voters’ thoughts on this election.” Johnson is associate professor of communications.
Deb Jones, director and case manager in the department of Social Work, was interviewed by WGAL for Elizabethtown College teams-up with church shelter to help homeless.
April Kelly-Woessner, professor of political science and department chair was interviewed for or wrote for the following media:
- LNP op-eds — Rules seem to be for the little people, not political leaders and Stave off groupthink by speaking to people with different views
- Inside Higher Ed — Questioning ‘Identity Liberalism’
Kyle C. Kopko ’05, assistant dean for academic achievement and engagement, was interviewed by or wrote for the following media:
- U.S. News and World Report – These Are the Known Recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom With Distinction
- PennLive — ‘Welcome to the opposition’: What we know after historic marches and Trump’s first day and As Clinton’s lead slips, she and Trump make final push for Pa. and Trump victory: How did the pollsters get it so wrong?
- PoliZette — Trump’s Ground Game Challenge and Trump’s Working-Class Revolt
- Sky TV (Australia) — Paul Murray Live (no link)
- Vox — Jill Stein voters did not deliver Donald Trump the presidency
- Politics PA — PA Newsmakers
- Gulf News Journal — UAE official weighs in on U.S. election result, referencing shift in oil prices
- Washington Post — 5 things you need to know about how third-party candidates did in 2016 and Obama has set the record for the most Presidential Medals of Freedom
- Metro World News — Obama’s final foreign visits to calm nerves over the forthcoming administration of Mr Trump (no link)
Don Kraybill, Distinguished College Professor and Senior Fellow and professor of sociology was interviewed for The Gazette (Iowa) article We don’t vote’: Iowa Amish say they won’t side with Trump.
Dmitriy Krichevskiy, assistant professor of economics, was quoted in the Gulf News Journal article Egyptian currency change painful for citizens.
Michael Long, associate professor of religious studies and director of Peace and Conflict Studies, wrote the column Mister Rogers And The Bully-in-Chief for the Huffington Post.
Fletcher McClellan, professor of political science, was interviewed by or wrote for the following media:
- WalletHub — 2016 Election By The Numbers – Infographic & Stats
- ABC27 – post-election blues
- WDTN (Ohio), NBC4 (Columbus, Ohio), KRON (San Francisco)
- The Washington Post — Obama has set the record for the most Presidential Medals of Freedom
- LNP — What we should expect from Donald Trump’s first 100 days in office
- PennLive — Will Donald Trump really be a transformative leader?
- Metro World News (Puerto Rico; page 23) – P&R
Sean Melvin, associate professor of business, was quoted in the Miami Herald article St. Thomas professor celebrates a half-century teaching at the university.
Michael Mitchell, executive director of the High Center, wrote the LNP Column: Elizabethtown College expands its programs on family business in which he quoted Petru Sandu, associate professor of entrepreneurship and management.
Tara Moore, visiting assistant professor of English, was interviewed by NPR-Weekend Edition about Victorian Christmas Ghosts.
Steven Nolt, Senior Scholar with the Young Center of Anabaptist and Pietist Studies and professor of history and Anabaptist and Pietist studies was interview by the following media:
- LNP — How will the Amish vote? Experts weigh in
- Philly.com — Farmers Of the Year
- Journal Gazette (Fort Wayne, Ind.) — Rules tighter on breech births
Jim Reeb, director of the Social Enterprise Institute, was quoted in the article Qatar pilot project addresses diabetes in Gulf News Journal.
Jonathan Rudy, Peacemaker-in-Residence in the Center for Global Understanding and Peacemaking, was quoted in the Gulf News Journal article Ceasefire fails to have lasting effect in Yemen.
Steven Rutter, director of Network Systems, was interviewed by Gulf News Journal for the story Dubai area bus riders receive public Wi-Fi access.
Rita Shah, assistant professor of sociology, was mention in WITF’s 2016 Top Stories: Police Shootings and Racial Mistrust.
Petru Sandu, associate professor of entrepreneurship and management, was interviewed for the LNP Column: Elizabethtown College expands its programs on family business written by Michael Mitchell, executive director of the High Center.
Carl Strikwerda, College president and professor of history, was interviewed by the following media:
- LNP — New economic research center to boost Lancaster County’s competitiveness and Lancaster college presidents join letter urging Donald Trump to condemn hate speech, crimes
- The Chronicle of Higher Education — On Leadership: Building a Network to Help First-Generation Students Succeed
- Inside Higher Ed — Presidents’ Message to President-Elect
Michael Swanson, associate professor of theatre and director of Theatre and Dance, was interviewed by WITF radio for Shakespeare First Folio at Elizabethtown College.
Sylvester Williams was interviewed for Elizabethtown College students dig into business data at Trostle Finance Laboratory in LNP.
The College was mentioned in the following articles:
- Fox43 — Which GPS app is best for holiday travel? We put them to the test
- Fine Living Lancaster — Shakespeare’s Exhibit Brings Eager Fans to Elizabethtown College
- LNP — Higher pay for college presidents, but not at Franklin & Marshall or Elizabethtown
- ABC27 — Harrisburg popcorn company helps youth programs
- ABC27 — Thousands of notes spread positivity at Elizabethtown College